Bienvenue à Wviscanada – DirectÔCanada

Our offices

803 Boulevard Labrosse,
Gatineau (QC), J8R 1G6, Canada


+1 (819) 444-6691

Temporary Residence Visa

If you wish to stay temporarily in Canada (to study, work or simply do tourism), you will certainly need a visitor's visa more commonly known as temporary resident visa (TRV).

Visa-required foreign nationals need permission to enter and remain in Canada as visitors for a maximum period of 6 (six) months, with the exception of Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

If necessary, you can ask to extend your stay beyond 6 months. If successful, you will then receive a visitor card.

Obtaining a TRV is not a guarantee of admission to Canada. When you arrive at the border, the Immigration Officer may require you to demonstrate that the purpose of your visit is temporary in nature. It also has the power to require that you demonstrate your ability to support yourself during your intended temporary stay in Canada. In case of doubt, the Immigration Officer has the power to refuse you entry into the country.

You may also be refused entry to Canada if you have a criminal record or if you represent a health hazard to Canadians. If in doubt, contact us and we can inform you about admission requirements and represent you with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Visa-exempt countries

Citizens of certain countries, mainly those members of the European Union, are exempt from Visitor Visa and must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). If your country is part of the exemption list and if you meet the admission requirements, we can, if you wish, obtain your eTA.

Visitors: tourism, business

Canada has, like many other countries, divided foreigners seeking entry into Canada into two categories: Those who must formally apply for a visitor's visa and those who, if not formal request, must, all the same, make a formal request for an electronic travel authorization (AVE).

The assessment of a visa application for a visitor is subject to the discretion of the federal immigration officer processing the application. The latter must be convinced that the candidate is a genuine visitor who will leave Canada at the end of his stay, at the latest on the expiry date of the visa issued. It goes without saying that an application for a temporary visa must be accompanied by evidence allowing the officer processing the application to make an informed decision.

Foreign students and workers

When you first apply for a study permit or work permit, you will automatically receive a TRV when your application is approved.

The validity of TRVs for foreign students and for Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) is variable and determined on a case-by-case basis. In any case, the TRV will be for the same period of validity as indicated on your study or work permit, and will always be limited to the validity of your passport.

Supervise for parents and grandparents

What is a Super Visa?

The "supervisa" is a visa specifically reserved for parents and grandparents who wish, without immigrating, be allowed to visit their children/grandchildren over 6 months at a time up to a period of 2 years. It is nicknamed by the federal government "supervisa" by its length.

This type of temporary residence visa can be valid for up to 10 years and allows parents and grandparents to stay in Canada up to 2 years per visit, without having to request a renewal of their status, to leave and return there throughout this period of validity.

Supervisa Eligibility

To qualify for a super visa, you must:

  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
  • Present an invitation written by the child or grandchild inviting you to Canada;
  • Prove the relationship with the child or grandchild;
  • Have a valid passport
  • Purchase private travel medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company;
  • Apply for a super visa from outside Canada;
  • Pass an immigration medical examination by a physician authorized by the Government of Canada visa office.

Other specific conditions and additional documents may be requested in order for your super visa application to be accepted by the Canadian immigration office.

No dependents can be admitted for a super visa. In such circumstances, the dependent may apply for a visitor's visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Super visa waiver

If you are a citizen of a country that is visa exempt, you can apply for a visa using the same process as applying for a super visa. However, instead of obtaining a visa, you will receive an official letter from IRCC authorizing your visit to Canada for a maximum of 2 years, only on your first visit.

If you are arriving in Canada by air, you may also need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Spending quality time with your children and grandchildren who live in Canada is a great experience. Contact us to assess your eligibility based on your situation and the criteria of the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa Program. We will be happy to assist you in your efforts.


You call us or fill out the free evaluation form. We will assess your file and provide you with our professional opinions on your chances of success as well as a detailed support offer.


We'll work with you to create a solution that's right for you, and likely to lead to a successful immigration process.


We will carefully review your supporting documents and work to build a strong case, which we will submit to IRCC.


To save you any stress, we will take care of all communication with Canadian provincial and federal authorities on your behalf. We will keep you informed with each update of your request.


Once the decision has been made, we will advise you on the next steps necessary to prepare for your arrival in Canada or to pursue your Canadian project.

Help your parents and grandparents get the super visa!

Don't risk unnecessary delays or rejection. It all starts with a convincing and well-written invitation letter. Let's talk today about getting a super visa for your family and get your application started!


 Wokgoué Visa & Immigration Services

I thank the firm for its incredible efforts! the sound advice provided by the consultant throughout the process of my application, allowed me to renew my status.

Wokgoué Visa & Immigration Services service canada country


Work permit

Verified by ExactMetrics