Bienvenue à Wviscanada – DirectÔCanada

Our offices

803 Boulevard Labrosse,
Gatineau (QC), J8R 1G6, Canada


+1 (819) 444-6691

Permanent resident card

A PR card to return to Canada

permanent residents of Canada must have a valid permanent resident card (PR card) or permanent resident travel document (TVRP) when they return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat.

PR Card Eligibility

To qualify for a PR card, you must:

You you are not eligible a PR card if the Government of Canada has asked you to leave the country.

If you are a new permanent resident, the Canadian government will automatically send you a PR card when you immigrate to Canada and provide them with your Canadian mailing address.

You have 180 days from your arrival to provide such an address, otherwise you will have to apply and pay a fee for a new card.

Maintain your permanent resident status

To maintain your permanent resident status, you must have spent at least 2 years (730 days) in Canada over the past 5 years. Part of the time you spent abroad can be taken into account within the 730 days.

If in doubt, consult us before apply for or renew your PR card. We will tell you if you qualify.

If you become canadian citizen, you will no longer need or have to hold an RP card.

Canadian citizenship

Apply for citizenship

To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must:

  • be a permanent resident;
  • have lived in Canada for at least 3 of the last 5 years (1095 days);
  • have filed their income tax return;
  • pass a citizenship test;
  • prove their language skills in French or English.

Other requirements may apply.

You could be a Canadian citizen and not know it!

There are a few ways to obtain Canadian citizenship without having to apply. In these cases, you may still wish to obtain a proof of citizenship.

There are also situations where you might think you have become a citizen but you have not. In these cases, you might be eligible to apply for a grant of citizenship.

You are probably a Canadian citizen if:

  • You were born in Canada;
  • You became a citizen because of changes to the Citizenship Act;
  • You applied for and were granted Canadian citizenship (became a citizen naturalized);
  • You obtained Canadian citizenship as a minor when a parent or legal guardian applied for citizenship on your behalf;
  • You were born abroad and at least one of your parents (legal parent at birth  or biological parent) either:
      • was born in Canada,
      • has been naturalized in Canada before your birth.

You are probably not a Canadian citizen if:

  • You were born in Canada to foreign diplomats;
  • Your citizenship has been revoked (you have lost it);
  • You have renounced Canadian citizenship and never applied to take it back.

You do not automatically have Canadian citizenship if you:

IRCC has posted the tool " Am I Canadian? to help you determine if you are eligible for Canadian citizenship.


 Wokgoué Visa & Immigration Services

I thank the firm for its incredible efforts! the sound advice provided by the consultant throughout the process of my application, allowed me to renew my status.

Wokgoué Visa & Immigration Services service canada country


Work permit

Verified by ExactMetrics