Arrima: in short!
Prior to the introduction of Arrima, Quebec used a paper-based application system to select immigration candidates, which generated long processing times and did not effectively connect those interested in immigrating to the province with the most immediate needs of the labor market. The objective of the Arrima platform is to speed up the processing of immigration applications and to better “tie” potential immigration candidates to the needs of the Quebec labor market.
Arrima is therefore a free electronic system used by the province of Quebec to manage applications from skilled workers in Quebec. It operates under the same principle as the federal Express Entry system. Under the Quebec Skilled Worker Regular Program, foreign applicants aged 18 and over who wish to settle in the province of Quebec must create their profile and then submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in the Arrima system. If eligible, the foreign applicant will be assigned a score and will be ranked against other applicants in the Arrima pool.
Regular Quebec Skilled Worker Program in Arrima
Interested foreign candidates create an online profile on the Arrima platform and submit an expression of interest, in order to be evaluated on the basis of a scoring system. The score is calculated taking into account several specific factors, such as:
- the level and area of training,
- professional experience,
- language skills,
- links with the province of Quebec,
- a job offer validated by the ministry,
- the characteristics of the accompanying spouse or common-law partner, if applicable,
- the presence of accompanying children under the age of 22 and
- the capacity for financial autonomy.
Eligible candidates are entered into the candidate pool. At regular intervals, the Quebec government selects the best-ranked candidates in the Arrima pool and invites them to submit a complete application to obtain a Permanent Selection Certificate from Quebec (CSQ), which must be obtained prior to applying for residency. permanent residence with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Below are the steps to follow to immigrate to Quebec under the PRTQ:
- Create your profile and submit an expression of interest in Arrima;
- Once the Expression of Interest is submitted, you will receive a score based on pre-determined criteria.
- If you receive the invitation to submit a complete application for permanent selection, you will have 60 days to complete your application file and submit it to MIFI;
- MIFI will review the complete application and, if accepted, you will receive a CSQ within approximately 6 months.
- Once you receive a CSQ, you can apply for Canadian permanent residence with the federal government.
An expression of interest remains valid for one year in Arrima and you will be able to update your profile throughout the validity period. For example, you can increase your chances of being invited by taking a language test or obtaining a validated job offer in the province.
Anyone 18 years of age or older can submit an expression of interest by completing an online profile on the Arrima portal. An Expression of Interest Profile is assessed against a scoring system totaling 1,320 points and is based on the following criteria for human capital and labor market needs :
Today, Arrima is mainly used by the Government of Quebec as a platform to manage RDI submissions under the PRTQ. The Arrima platform is also gradually being developed to include applications related to other economic immigration programs, such as the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) for temporary workers and international students.
Many immigration procedures in Quebec can be accomplished through the Arrima platform. Depending on the program you are applying for and what stage you are at in your immigration process, you can:
- Go toself-assessment tool du Québec to estimate your score and assess your chances of receiving an invitation to submit an application for permanent selection;
- Create, submit, complete and update your declaration of interest under the PRTQ;
- Apply for a CSQ, submit the documents and pay the fees required to immigrate to Quebec under the PEQ, one of Quebec's permanent immigration pilot programs;
- Submit a request for temporary selection for studies, create an Arrima profile to submit supporting documents as an international student;
- Obtain information and submit forms relating to:
- a request for financial assistance for part-time French courses,
- to the various programs ofAccompaniment Quebec,
- collective sponsorship of refugees abroad
Arrima can also be used by employers and businesses for :
- Obtain personalized support from the Department of Immigration;
- Contact foreign workers who meet their labor needs and make them a job offer in Quebec through the employer portal.
Interested candidates : Find out if you are eligible to immigrate to Quebec. Complete our free online evaluation form. We will provide you with our assessment within 24 to 48 hours.
I thank the firm for its incredible efforts! the sound advice provided by the consultant throughout the process of my application, allowed me to renew my status.