Bienvenue à Wviscanada – DirectÔCanada

Our offices

803 Boulevard Labrosse,
Gatineau (QC), J8R 1G6, Canada


+1 (819) 444-6691

You are refused entry and stay in Canada

The main reasons for refusal

There are several reasons why a person may be refused entry or stay in Canada. These reasons include:

  • Security
  • Violations of human or international rights
  • Crime (small or large)
  • Organized crime
  • Health reasons
  • Financial reasons
  • Misrepresentation (of any kind)
  • Failure to comply with the law (IRPA)

What to do in case of refusal

If you have been notified of the refusal of your request, remedies exist, but time is against you. So you have to react very rapidly.


  • Request for reconsideration to IRCC
  • Appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD)
  • Appeal to the Federal Court of Canada.

It is not always easy to determine which of these options is the right one for you, especially because it depends on several factors. For example, some people do not have the right to appeal to the SAI. Generally speaking, which option is right for you depends on many factors, including thetype of immigration application, your status in Canada and your personal circumstances.

Appealing a Canadian immigration refusal is a complex and extremely delicate process. In any case, it will be up to you to demonstrate effectively why your request should not have been refused and why you deserve a second chance.

A Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant or a lawyer specializing in immigration law can help and support you in this procedure.

What if you have a criminal record?

If you or are charged with a crime outside of Canada, your charge was withdrawn or you received a suspended sentence, you could be declared inadmissible to Canada. In such a situation, you can exceptionally be admitted to Canada.

  • If you need to come to Canada urgently due to work-related issues or emergency family issues, etc., you can apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). As the name suggests, this is a temporary solution and may allow you to enter Canada once.
  • You can, under certain conditions, apply for a criminal pardon, which will have the effect of lifting your inadmissibility to Canada, so that in the future, you can apply to immigrate to Canada. ask for the right to enter.

The processing of these requests can take several months. If you have a previous criminal record and wish to enter Canada, you should consult an immigration professional to anticipate any complications that may arise in the processing of your application.

If you need such help, we are competent to guide you.


 Wokgoué Visa & Immigration Services

I thank the firm for its incredible efforts! the sound advice provided by the consultant throughout the process of my application, allowed me to renew my status.

Wokgoué Visa & Immigration Services service canada country


Work permit

Verified by ExactMetrics